About 55 percent of the REIT’s portfolio is comprised of senior housing assets, with medical office buildings (MOBs) accounting for the remaining 45 percent.
Jim Hanks, a senior partner at Venable LLP, joined REIT.com for a video interview during REITWise 2015: NAREIT’s Law, Accounting and Finance Conference held in Phoenix.
Hanks discussed the growing importance of succession planning.
“I see it as a major item on a continuing basis, as it should be,” he said.
Hanks highlighted a number of aspects to succession planning, including a focus on short-term and long-term planning. “Boards should be doing both,” he said.
David Hegarty, president and COO of Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), joined REIT.com for a CEO Spotlight video interview at REITWorld 2014: NAREIT’s Annual Convention for All Things REIT at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
Hegarty explained that, despite its name, almost 50 percent of the company’s assets consist of medical office buildings, with senior housing accounting for the remaining portion. The majority of the properties, which are spread across 39 states, are triple net-leased.
Byron Gordon, SEO-PR, interviews Nick Cox, Senior Product Manager – SearchMonkey, Yahoo Search, about the importance of blended search in SEO. Nick says in the old days of search you would rely on being listed in the first 10 blue links served up by Google search. But today this is no longer reliable. Nick says all search engines are breaking down search criteria by using multimedia, including video, images, links and text, making it easier for users to find what they are looking for. Nick says Yahoo is giving its users shortcuts that link to music and other related audio. With SearchMonkey, Yahoo is giving its users photos, deep links to elements of the page you would land on, calling out prices, and giving more than it ever did before. Nick says SearchMonkey is currently live in 23 markets; it’s a free platform and publishers are getting much better clickthrough rates. For more information on SearchMonkey go to: developer.yahoo.com
Video Rating: 5 / 5